Injuries can happen to anyone, anywhere, and anytime, and workplaces are no exception. While the nature of the injuries may vary from one workplace to another, desk jobs and construction sites are two workplaces where people are most vulnerable to certain types of injuries.
Our team at All Island Chiropractic is experienced with treating patients who have suffered injuries while on the job. We understand the frustrations that come along with an injury like this and we want to help our patients make an expedient recovery. We happily work with worker’s compensation insurance to accommodate our patients.
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) – It is a type of injury that occurs due to repeated movements of the same body part, such as typing on a keyboard or using a mouse. Symptoms include pain, numbness, and weakness in the affected area.
- Lower Back Pain – Sitting in a chair for long hours without proper back support can lead to lower back pain. The pain can become chronic if not addressed in time.
- Eye Strain – Staring at a computer screen for long hours can cause eye strain, leading to headaches and dry eyes.
- Falls – Construction sites are often filled with scaffolding, ladders, and other elevated structures, making workers prone to falls, which can lead to serious injuries, including broken bones and head injuries.
- Electrocution – Construction sites are filled with electrical equipment, and workers can get electrocuted if they come into contact with live wires.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries – Construction workers are required to lift and move heavy objects, leading to strains and sprains in their muscles and joints.
Preventing Workplace Injuries:
Prevention is always better than cure, and it’s no different when it comes to workplace injuries. Employers can take several measures to ensure the safety of their employees. For desk jobs, employers can provide ergonomic furniture and computer accessories to prevent RSIs, and encourage employees to take regular breaks and stretch their muscles. Construction site employers can ensure that workers wear proper safety gear, provide training on how to use heavy equipment, and create a safe working environment.
Contact All Island Chiropractic
In short, workplace injuries are not uncommon, and they can happen to anyone, anywhere. While desk jobs and construction sites are two workplaces where injuries are more prevalent, employers can take measures to prevent them. If you have experienced a work injury our team can help you recover. Contact our office in Bayshore or Wading River, NY to schedule an appointment today!